Posted by Kevin Kastner in Historical Posts
on May 7th, 2010 | 4 comments
I’ve added a few new links to the blog, and if you haven’t seen them yet, I’ll point them out here:
- Urban Out. He makes a point I certainly agree with with regards to the experiment to close Monument Circle to traffic. There may not be enough storefronts or permeable buildings for this to be successful year round. It sounds nice in theory, but I’m more supportive of a compromise solution which would reduce the circle from 2 lanes of traffic to 1.
- Indy Star’s Transit blog. Dedicated to telling the tales of current Indygo bus service (and lack thereof).
Other new-ish stuff you might have seen covered elsewhere:
- Remember the gripe I posted about the vacant building at 1733 N Meridian? It has quietly won city approval.
- Last year, I found out through my site counter that my neighbors who live a block away from me have a pretty cool personal blog (which had linked to some site known as Urban Indy). I’ve met them recently, so I thought I would post it here.
- While I’m excited about some of the new projects coming our way, I hope we can somehow find a way to save our neighborhood Libraries. We can’t forget our priorities as a city, and Education should be at the top of that list.
On Edit: I forgot to add the link to Indy Pedicabs. How cool is this? Thanks for the reminder Curt.