Posted by Kevin Kastner in Historical Posts
on Mar 22nd, 2010
This article on the Star is yet another example of our misplaced priorities with regards to zoning. Let’s go down a quick list of why this is ridiculous to fight:
- Gives Eastside residents a much-needed place to work.
- Helps the city’s tax base.
- A green business that can be called on as a future asset.
- The abandoned factories and warehouses in the area dwarf the size and scope of Cornett’s planned expansion.
- They are good neighbors. Google Street View actually has evidence of this. Notice the change in the building: Before, and After.
The good news is that Cornett has desire and perhaps financial incentive to stay if possible. We must make it possible for his business to stay in Indianapolis.