web analytics

St. Joseph and Old Northside

Last Friday, my friend from Veggie Indy and I went to tour the St. Joseph and Old Northside Neighborhoods.  He took some videos and we discussed a future video blog for this site.  For now, here are my pictures:

Alabama Street is famous for its row houses, which shows just how few row houses there are in Indianapolis.  It has only 2 proper historic row houses.
Row House Number 1:
Ya, it was this kind of day:
I’ve always loved this house:
Row House #2:
New condo construction:
The Ruschmann building:

Come back, Corner Coffee!
This building may be a row house; it follows along 11th street for a good half a block.

Former Corner Coffee building again:

Off to the Old Northside.  The Propyleum Building:

St. Seraphim must have been pretty tough.  He’s feeding a bear with his bare hands!
I love this porch.
My failed attempt to be artistic:
Across the street:
Finally, we headed to the beloved Rathskeller for some beer:
Social Media

8 Responses to “ “St. Joseph and Old Northside”

1. NY Diva says:

Oh! My old neighborhood! I loved strolling by those row houses (#1) on my way to Mass Ave or (what was) O’Malia’s. I miss it all. :(

Now I live in a boring apartment complex on the NW side. Not nearly as pretty.

2. mheidelberger says:

I love the row houses of Alabama street; such historical charm! I really miss the Corner Coffee, it was such a comfortable, laidback place to go with your computer.

3. Kevin says:

Corner Coffee, Vic’s, the old Abbey, Cognizant…this town has difficulty keeping its best coffee places. They seem to fare better on the north side here.

4. Mike says:

I am still working through the footage from that day, Kevin. For now, here is a link to the video for the St. Joseph neighborhood:

5. Mike says:

here is the video from the old North Side…

6. Kevin says:

Thanks Mike. I’m not sure if the second one posted correctly, though.

7. Mike says:

re-uploaded with better quality. not sure why it was at a such a low quality setting.

you can click the ‘watch in high quality’ link in the YouTube player, or change your ‘video playback’ settings in YouTube to always play in high quality.

reposted link below…